Hello and Welcome! I’m Kathleen Joseph and I am so excited that you decided to learn more about therapy and the services that I provide. Whether you are just here to peruse the site or want to start mental health services, I wanted to give you a little more insight into who I am and how I may be able to help you achieve some of your mental health goals.
Just a little bit about me: I possess nearly a decade of specialized training in the area of crisis intervention and I have worked with college aged students in a university setting and with individuals in the greater Gainesville community who have experienced loss or were victims of crime. This enables me to work with clients in various forms of crisis, including clients in acute and ongoing suicidal crisis.
My additional areas of experience include working with those who:
- Struggle with depression and anxiety
- Experience grief over any type of loss
- Are survivors of traumas including sexual trauma and intimate partner violence (IPV)
- Want help dealing with stressors related to academic and athletic performance
- Are experiencing normative distress due to various life transitions
- Wish to process their evolving religious or spiritual concerns over the lifespan
- Struggle as a result of gender identity or sexuality identity
I am TWICE a graduate of the University of Florida (GO GATORS!), where I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and a dual Master’s and Education Specialist degree (M.Ed./Ed.S.) in the area of Mental Health Counseling.
If you are struggling in any of the areas that I list above, you may want to consider mental health services. Getting started with a mental health counselor such as myself can give you the opportunity to clarify your thoughts and feelings which may be the first step.